Update for Our Valued Patients
March 18, 2020
Following recommendations from the American Dental Association, our offices have postponed elective procedures for the next three weeks in response to the spread of the coronavirus disease, COVID-19, across the country.
Concentrating on emergency dental care will allow us to care for our emergency patients and alleviate the burden that dental emergencies would place on hospital emergency departments.
We will continue to follow the direction of The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Department of Homeland Security, which have categorized healthcare as a critical infrastructure industry, in addition to the food supply and pharmaceutical industries.
At Dansie Orthodontics, we have a special responsibility to maintain our commitment to patients with dental emergencies. You can count on us to be here for you and provide you with frequent updates and recommendations during these unprecedented times.
It’s critical that we all do our part to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
Here’s What We’re Doing Differently:
- All elective procedures have been postponed until April 6th or later.
- If you have a dental emergency (pain, swelling, infection, broken or poking orthodontic wire or appliance with pain) please call or text our office at 801-448-0092. Our phones are answered 24 hours per day and our specialists are ready and available to assist you.
- New and existing patients with dental pain will be seen in accordance with existing social-distancing, infection control and temperature screening protocol established for our offices.
- New and existing patients without dental pain are asked to postpone in-office appointments until April 6th or later. If you have questions or special requests, you are invited to call 801-448-0092 and schedule a remote tele-health consultation with one of our specialists.
All Dansie Orthodontics employees are prohibited from reporting to work with a respiratory illness that can be transmitted to others.
- Dansie Orthodontics has instituted a new Employee Sick leave policy which offers 5 days paid sick leave to all employees in order to ensure employees who are ill remain home.
- All emergency-dental employees operating under our contingency plan are instructed to take their temperatures twice per day; once before leaving home and once upon returning home from work. Any employee with a temperature of 100.3°F or higher will not be permitted to come to work.
* Originally posted March 17, 2020 * These recommendations have now been modified as of March 18, 2020
The CDC recommends using “social distancing” whenever possible as an effective way of decreasing the likelihood of transmitting coronavirus. The agency has updated its definition of social distancing to mean “remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible.”
With this advice in mind, we are implementing these new steps in our practice:
- We will schedule emergency appointments to minimize possible contact with others and ask that only one parent or guardian accompany the patient into the office. You will be taken to a private treatment room and the temperature of the patient and the parent guardian will be recorded. In response to the spread of the coronavirus, we ask that our reception room remains empty at all times. You might be asked to wait in your car until the doctor and assistant are ready to see you for a dental emergency. Please follow all instructions closely and call our office at 801-448-0092 for more details.
- We are making video conferencing available to some patients who are able to be evaluated via smartphone, tablet or laptop computer equipped with a camera and we are actively reaching out to those patients who qualify for a tele-health visit with Dr Dansie.